Do you find it hard to reach out to strangers? Are you afraid of the awkward silence? Have a hard time breaking the ice? Then read our list of great conversation starters, that will spice up your conversations, whether it’s an online conversation or a chat in the physical world.
How to avoid being boring?
We all struggle not to be boring. You are not alone! No matter if your try not to be boring while texting with a girl or doing small text talk. We all can be fun texters when we talk to strangers!
Ask questions, but don’t only ask questions. Show the person you’re meeting that you have a genuine interest in him or her. You also need to listen to the answers. Don’t check off questions from a list – people can tell.
Put that phone away and show that your focus is on your date or the other person(s) in a social gathering. If your date gives the phone more time than you – tell him or her that you want to get to know them and that the phone is distracting. I know, this can be a challenge, but doing it will definitely be a winner in the long run.
Smile. Try to have as fun as possible and the rest will flow.
How to be a fun texter?
No one wants to be a dry texter (dry equals boring). Try to reply as soon as possible. Answer shortly, but try to avoid using one-word replies.
This is a list of great conversation starters. Remember, try not to just ask those questions and then move on to the next. Listen to the answers!
- If you could choose freely, what would you like to work with?
- What surprised you the most when you started your new job?
- Would you rather work four 10-hour days or five 8-hour days a week?
- If you could get any job – what would you like to do then?
- What was your first job? Did you like it?
- Which is the best career tip you received? And the worst?
- Have you read some good books lately? I need some tips! Some TV shows?
- Do you have any mobile apps that you cannot live without?
- If you just had to watch a movie genre for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- Is there any book you hated but everyone else loved, and vice versa?
- Do you have any good podcast tips for my commute trips?
- What is the latest movie you cried for? Or laughed aloud at?
- Who would you choose as an Amazing Race partner?
- What is your favorite account on Instagram?
- What social media apps do you use? Tictoc? Instagram? Twitter?
- If you just had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- What is the weirdest thing you have eaten?
- What do you eat as comfort food?
- Is there any food you absolutely cannot imagine eating?
- Do you have any good lunch places to recommend here in the area?
- Does your family have a “secret” family recipe?
- What is your favorite restaurant that not so many others know about? Free time
- What are the favorite places I shouldn’t miss here?
- If you could fly anywhere for free, where would you go?
- Which is the coolest road trip you went on?
- Where did you last travel? What did you do there?
- Do you have any trips planned in the future?
- If you could take a leave of absence for six months, where would you go and what would you do?
- How do you prefer to spend a weekend? Life
- Where did you live before you moved here? How does it differ from living here?
- What did you want to be when you were young?
- Do you have any secret talent?
- Which subject did you like best in elementary school?
- What is the most unpleasant thing that happened to you?
- What is the best life council you received? Everything possible
- If you had to decide the eighth wonder of the world, what would you choose?
- You can teach any subject at the university, what do you choose?
- What is the most unpleasant thing you ever did?
- What superpower would you like?
- If you could have any animal you wanted as a pet, which would you choose?
- Have you ever come across a super-cool invention or business idea that it already proved to be?
- What invention do you want from your beginning?
So, what are you waiting for? Try these now in real-life or in text chats.